How Much Does It Cost to Publish a Book with WriteLife?
With WriteLife, authors invest in the production costs (editing, proofreading, interior design, cover design, illustrations, etc.) to take their story from manuscript form to a print-ready book, and WriteLife is responsible for the costs to take the completed book into the marketplace in both print and eBook formats.
Authors who are accepted by WriteLife have the unique opportunity to personally oversee the entire process of taking their story from a rough manuscript to a finished book.
WriteLife authors have the guidance and expertise of WriteLife team members to create a high-quality book and sell that book using an effective marketing plan. WriteLife authors also benefit from the distribution system that WriteLife has created with entities such as Barnes and Noble, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, etc. (for print books), and Kindle, Nook, Apple, Kobo, Google Play, Overdrive, etc., for eBooks.
All manuscripts accepted by WriteLife must go through the WriteLife production process to ensure they meet our quality standards. Costs are determined on an individual per-book basis, so your final costs depend on the extent of editing that is required, the length of your manuscript, and the illustrator you choose (if illustrations are a part of your book or your cover), etc.
When WriteLife accepts a manuscript and an author, WriteLife agrees to invest time and resources to bring the finished work into the marketplace and shall undertake the following:
- Obtain an ISBN number and bar code.
- Obtain a Library of Congress Control Number.
- Provide marketing support to the author.
- Create uploadable print and eBook files for the purpose of sales and distribution.
- File for copyright of the completed book for the author once the manuscript is ready for printer upload.
- Books are printed by a printer, supplied to the print distributor for sale, and areavailable to you (the author) for purchasing for sales and marketing activities.
- Books are made available to bookstores and traditional channels through Publisher’s distributor.
- Books are made available for purchase on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
- Provide distribution of the finished book in both print and eBook formats through a variety of distribution channels, both online and traditional.
- Provide a listing in our online catalog that advertises the book to wholesalers, distribution companies, and booksellers.
- Work with distributors on marketing and promotion of the book.
- Create an author’s press kit that you and WriteLife can use for marketing and media purposes.
- Provide “Search Inside the Book” option on Amazon and listing on Google Books.
- Create and distribute press releases to local media and/or national sources when appropriate.
- Post your profile information on our website.
- Provide access to an author-only section on our website designed specifically for informing and training authors published by WriteLife.
- Maintain a social media presence and use social media for the marketing and promotion of you and your book.
- Bring media opportunities to your attention when WriteLife becomes aware of them and they are appropriate for you and your book.
- Seek reviews for your book.
- Help in setting up and learning how to set up book signings at a variety of venues.
- Help in finding and selling to niche markets for which your book is appropriate.
- Ongoing marketing support and training after your book is published through conference calls, webinars, and other methods of marketing training that will help you understand how, where, and when you can help with the marketing and sales of your book.
WriteLife is constantly shifting, changing, and growing the opportunities for our authors and their books to get deeper into the marketplace.
WriteLife is dedicated to making each of our authors successful by providing quality service. If you would like a reference from one of our signed authors, please email Terri, and we will be happy to respond to your questions and connect you directly with WriteLife authors who are already a part of our family.
If you would like more information or have questions, please feel free to email Terri or call us at 678.316.4150.
Read more about how WriteLife Publishing provides marketing support to our authors.