So, You’re Raising Your Grandkids
According to the US Census Bureau, more than 10% of all grandparents in the nation are raising their grandkids, and the number is going up. You may be one of these grandparents and it’s a role you never expected.
Willing as you are to assume this role, you have some questions. How will I find the energy for this? Is my grandchild normal? What if I “blow it?” Each day, you look for ways to make life easier. Help has arrived.
This book will:
- Help ease your worries and guilt
- Offer tips for creating a grandfamily
- Give methods for improving grandparent-grandchild communication
- Suggest ideas for how you can connect with your grandchild’s school
- Provide child development information
- Recommend approaches to help your grandchild set goals
- Stress the importance of having fun together
- Offer ideas of how to foster your grandchild’s hopes and dreams
So, You’re Raising Your Grandkids blends Harriet Hodgson’s unbelievable grandparenting story with recent research and findings. It comes from her 21 years of caregiving experience, including seven years of raising her twin grandkids.
Each chapter ends with What Works, proven tips for grandparents raising grandkids. At the end, you’ll cheer for all the loving grandparents—including you—who are putting grandchildren first.
ISBN 978-1-60808-189-9 (Paperback)
ISBN 978-1-60808-190-5 (eBook)
6 x 9, 160 pages
Publication date: May 1, 2018